THE VAGUE CALLING

Carolina Herrera x Neiman Marcus

Thursday, December 27, 2012



(Carolina Herrera x Neiman Marcus Stationary Kit & Traveling Bags)

I hope all my readers had a wonderful Christmas, I've been preoccupied with my anxiety that I forgot to wish so many people a merry Christmas. I am not sure where all this anxiety comes from but would you believe shopping distracts me from all my tension? Which is why when I was on Facebook I seen an ad on my wall that Target was marking down their latest collaboration with Neiman Marcus to a whomping 50% which is great. I had my eye on this stationary kit or is it a set of journals? either way I thought the printed notepads were really cute and since my old notebook is falling apart what better timing for a half off sale? In addition to purchasing the stationary kit I also picked up the Traveling Bags which are amazing because not only are they also beautifully patterned and cute but they come in three different sizes. What really sold me is the nylon inseam. I had dreams of using such bags to package beauty products and makeup and with the nylon inseam it keeps everything intact in case of a spill. A girl really could not ask for more. My apologies for photographic quality, my Canon battery died before I even realized it :(

The fusion of luxury brands collaborating with the likes of Target and H&M is brilliant; but as the popularity for these collabs has grown so has the prices. Which is ideal and expected, of course money has to be made. The entire pitch was so that these brands could be more affordable and attainable to lower income gals like myself but $400 for MMM x H&M shoes is absurd. I for one was not shocked at all that it didn't go flying off the shelves as one would have hoped as other designer partnerships have (i.e Moschino x Target) So in closing I'm appreciative that Target is staying true to their consumers 'means'.

1 comment:

  1. oh you lucky lucky girl! i get all freakin' giddy over stationary.

    ReplyDelete

Categories