THE VAGUE CALLING

Keep The Receipt

Sunday, July 20, 2014

There’s this funny idea that all NYC bloggers are living the sex and the city life and I am sure there are a few…

( GAP JACKET, AA CROP TOP, MOSSIMO PENCIL SKIRT, AIR MAX 90)

I am not living the Sex and The City life; I am actually living in the Bronx and aside from my hour commute to work in midtown and to my sons’ school in Soho, I am quite alright with this borough. I was born here, Thanksgiving 1988 my mom gave birth to me in our apartment on Courtland Avenue. I have only resided in the Bronx so this is will always simply be home to me. I think the Bronx gets a bad rap because it is the only borough that has not jumped on the gentrification train... I am not going to discuss gentrification but I will say I agree with a lot of what Spike Lee has to say.

 There's something refreshing and nostalgic to know that all these changes are taking place around New York but the Bronx is still the Bronx: still blaring Big Pun and Mary J Blige hits at summer block parties, still chaotic on the 4 or the D train the day of a Yankee game, still making authentic Italian food in the original Little Italy.

Sometimes I long for healthy food alternatives better shopping, maybe a Wholefoods or Trader Joes, but hey what are you going to do? I mean there’s a Starbucks 800 feet from my house, that may seem little but trust me it is big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories