THE VAGUE CALLING

The Soloist

Saturday, August 09, 2014

 I bet you think this post is about my newfound guitar skills...
or this awesomely placed water bottle...

but this post is about how very little summer clothes I own and it may or may not having everything to do with the ever-growing spread of my hips or me spending the majority of my time at work? Either way I can’t seem to commit to summer-wear and my best bet, because I’m almost always running late, is a dress. Yeah, I know it’s quite lazy but you have to admit it dresses/rompers/overalls are a one and done kind of awesome.

When I am short on time throwing on a dress is a quick fix that allows me extra styling/makeup time. I wore this dress to meet my boyfriend for lunch and he thought I looked so tomboy cute it didn’t even bother him that I was late. Hence the dress serves as a timesaver and a distraction, which is a win/win situation. During the workweek when getting out the bed early is the most difficult, I opt for printed dresses in breathable fabrics. Once the weekend rolls around I put on a floral sundress or a body-con maxi dress. Sometimes I have a vision I feel compelled to bring to life and sometimes, usually after three wardrobe changes, my boyfriend is just like “just put something on”.

(URBAN OUTFITTERS DRESS, NIKE AIR MAX 90)


I have been wearing these air max 90's a lot lately but that's probably going to change because I just snag a cool pair of Diesel trainners and they are so euro-cool, I CAN'T EVEN.

2 comments:

Categories