THE VAGUE CALLING

My daily fill

Monday, August 01, 2011

Forgive me for my lack of post. This month is so jammed pack with work; upcoming trials, fun in the city on weekends, past due fashion related projects and prepping for September fashion week (queue girly scream). Balancing family, friends, two jobs and a blog is tough. One way or another something always gets neglected, sadly for the end of July it was le blog. I’m working on my time management and although I thought I was making progress I actually was not, so back to the drawing board I go. I find that when I do find time to update my computer decides to give me such a hard time so I upgraded. For the past few years I was using a Dell hp which was pretty good to me. It got the job done but towards the end (right around the time Jonas plucked all the keys from the keyboard) it was a fest pool for viruses. It is so discouraging to update when the computer is moving slow, Internet browser is not responding, Picasa is freezing and do not get me started on the battery life. I’ve been considering purchasing a Mac book for some time. My friends rave about how Mac Book’s have changed their lives and my gadget savvy attorney for a boss insists that I am not fulfilling my purpose on earth if I’m using anything else. Drum roll please...


I feel productive already! I also wanted to share with you guys some of the great books I've been reading throughout the summer. If you haven't heard all Borders locations are closing :( I'm really sad, bookstores are my safe haven. I always go in looking for one thing and leaving with several. I'm such a nerd I get consumed in whatever I'm reading. I will not answer calls, text, watch TV, or eat! Okay I'm joking about not eating, I always find time to eat :) What's most refreshing about reading is updating my vocabulary. Every week Border's is increasing the discount, I'm hoping to snatch up some fashion reference books this week!

I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels back in June and I am obsessed. Silly me I finished the entire series in July. Luckily True Blood new season just started so that will be my fix until Charlaine Harris releases the next instalment. Another series that I've been a fan of is the Gossip Girl novels. Let me just say that the show in comparison is completely different, as is True Blood. I actually received Lauren Conrad's Style as a Christmas present. I lent it to my fellow blogger Lauren and I just got it back. Which leaves us with A Catcher in the Rye and The Reader, both of which were recommended to me by my good friend Alaina. I haven't finished A Catcher in the Rye but so far so good, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories