THE VAGUE CALLING

Implying Winter

Monday, March 04, 2013

pictures taken by Johnny
(Gap denim jacket, H&M pants, Zara slippers, Marc Jacobs watch)

The weather allowed me to wear a denim jacket and velvet slippers and a bit of color in there just in anticipation of Spring. I'm just about sure that everyone here in New York is counting down till Spring, just three more weeks :) There was quite a bit of rambling in my last post, I tend to get riled up when speaking about eye health. When I was younger wearing my glasses seemed extremely embarrassing and unnecessary. For the longest  I wore frames that were too large for my face and enlarged my eyes. Being a tomboy did not make things easier either. I was always running, falling, getting banged up and finding unconventional ways to break my glasses; most of the time on purpose so I wouldn't have to wear them. It wasn't until I was seventeen when I finally got my first pair of contacts and started to appreciate my glasses. Nowadays I wear my glasses 65% of the time and every once in a while I laugh and reflect on those days where I'd "accidentally" leave my glasses at home so I wouldn't have to wear them to school. I can't help but wonder what my eight year old self would say to me "actually" wanting to wear glasses over contacts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories