THE VAGUE CALLING

Drive me crazy

Thursday, October 16, 2014

(On Jonas: American Apparel denim shirt, Childrens Place tee, Zara Jeans, Timberland 'Construction' boot)
He drives me crazy with his slow-moving-getting-dressed-for-school routine, it is repetition and he moves like a snail, EVERYDAY. Oh and his obsession with Tamagotchi Life or Pokemon, or everything else that ends in "mon" and his need to explain to me every creep thing his Tamagotchi's do and how I was voted ugly in Tamagotchi world, is annoying. Bad enough my body will not let me sleep past ten, his if I'm awake everyone has to be awake approach to Saturday and Sunday mornings is cruel and vicious. My stance on hygiene and healthy eating just do not go with his outbursts of "I just took a bath yesterday" and "no it's not, McDonalds is good". Ya know, Jonas has always had a lack of personal space with strangers on the train/bus/sidewalk but seriously he wails his arms, spins in circles, stares onto other peoples phones and speeds down streets at random like a fighter jet, not caring who or what is in his path.

 Then, just as I am about to loose it he insists that I sit down when there's a seat on the train and that he will just sit on my lap. As of recent he is persistently reading a fourth grade reading level book and he does not get discouraged when I have to help him with words.  Somehow he's keeps reminding himself to take his multivitamin as soon as he wakes- then he proceeds to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face! The other day he even moisturized his face with coconut oil without me having to tell him to, I was just in awe, he did not miss a spot-he looked like a brand new kid. 

I expect a lot from him, sometimes I have to tell myself: relax Tiffany, he is six he is an alright kid. Even if his obsession with games borders on my worst nightmare, but hey, I guess that is how I was about Harry Potter, once upon a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories