THE VAGUE CALLING

Funny Face

Friday, October 10, 2014


(ALL FOREVER21 (old), HAT URBAN OUTFITTERS)

Here I am, channeling Audrey Hepburn in some slim black pants and dorsay flats. Anyone who knows me knows I love Audrey Hepburn. My absolute favorite movie in the world is Breakfast at Tiffany’s and not because it opens with the famous black Givenchy dress and pearls; because everyone knows the coffee, donut and that longingly sideways glare into Tiffany’s is really what makes the scene. The tone of the film is just simple and it really captures a different time in cinema; it makes me nostalgic for those early years of Hollywood glamour where everything was shiny and new. I have endless admiration for the creativity in what it took to bring Breakfast to the big screen, from the choice in wardrobe, to the casting, to the revisions in the script based on the novel; it was creativity in its purest.

My other favorite Audrey Hepburn movies are Roman Holiday, How to Steal a Million, Two for the Road and Funny Face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories