THE VAGUE CALLING

The Addison Story: A glimpse of Fall

Friday, March 30, 2012



(H&M tank/hair clips, Mink Pink maxi skirt, Zara Wedges)

I was recently invited to view The Addison Story's 2012 Spring/Summer collection as well as preview the Fall collection that'll be in stores this October. It's always refreshing to see such a young talented designer put their blood, sweat and tears into their work and produce such amazing pieces. The spring collection consisted of lightweight ombre-watercolor dresses, pops of orange in nautical theme maxi's and lace detailed sleeves. I specifically enjoyed the tweed shorts (below) and the pencil skirt and a white dress with wide sleeves that gave me a 70's vibe!

The bolero jacket with optional zippers for a shorter fit was one of my favorite pieces from the fall collection. In addition all night I found myself gravitating back to this one blouse with its double lace collar. Doubling the collar was brilliant and it's definitely nothing that I've seen before! I love the choices in details. The materials used for the spring/summer collection are all materials that breathe and flow and those used for the fall collection all still have spring in mind with it's incorporation of pops of yellow, lace and tribal prints.

Shop The Addision Story here, here and here. I am working hard on purchasing a new lens, a lot of my pictures were a little fuzzy including one with designer Amy Hsuing :( She was super sweet & really cute! I'm looking forward to seeing her in the near future!

Be sure to follow The Addison Story on twitter & instagram: theaddisonstory :)

2 comments:

  1. cute skirt! the event looked like so much fun. i like what i see of that zipper piece

    -Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, that collection is beautiful! and i LOVE your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete

Categories