THE VAGUE CALLING

Looks good…with trouble

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

℅ Johnny                 
                     (Zara Fur, Uniqlo stripe turtleneck (similar), AA Disco Pants, Dolce Vita Harness Boots)

I have been listening to Solange's album True and the song, Looks good with trouble, is in my top five favorites. It was already in my head that I would name a post after it and upon seeing this sign I put my plan in motion. The plan entailed me giving the camera some of my sultriest faces…

I have come to the conclusion that it will never look the way it does when I do it in the mirror. Some girls ooze sex appeal while others do not. I think I ooze an innocence, hence trying to come off sexy is going to translate into me being robbed of that innocence. I hope I'm painting the correct picture for you guys. In my defense having a boyfriend/photographer who refuses to give you any instruction on how to translate bedroom eyes…outside the er…bedroom, makes everything that much more difficult. In fact the third picture from the top displays how I feel about his non-cooperation. That would be my sarcastic "do you seriously not care about bringing this vision to life?" face. If I intend on keeping my protege photographer I must compromise *sighs*. And if you're wondering how one pulls off making a sarcastic face let alone a sexy face in New York's frigid cold-these were taken a while back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories